We are waiting for you with new safety procedures

Dear guest, For more than 50 years, Hotel Parc Mamaia has been living through a basic value established by its management, in order to "take care of its guests". This duration value is what guides us in this period as we face the difficult challenge of responding to coronavirus (COVID-19), on […]

Continue reading

Holiday vouchers

It is very simple! Choose the desired period through our booking system below and choose the type of room that suits you and the payment method "BANK TRANSFER". In the "SPECIAL REQUESTS" section, please specify the option to pay by holiday vouchers as well as their issuing company. The reservation is made in […]

Continue reading

The Greek Church

The Greek church "Change in the Face" is the first church in the city, being built in 1868, with the contribution of the Greek community. The story of the beautiful church began a century and a half ago, when Dobrogea was part of the Ottoman Empire, and marked the "birth" of the first Christian place of worship in Constanta. The construction of the church started in 1862 with the agreement […]

Continue reading

The Orthodox Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul

The Orthodox Archbishop's Cathedral "Saints Peter and Paul", the largest cult building in the city, was built between 1883-1885. The cathedral dedicated to Saint Paul and Paul is the largest and most important Orthodox place of worship in Dobrogea, being also known as the Archbishop's Cathedral of Tomis. The church is located in the area […]

Continue reading

Hotel Palace

Built on the beach in 1914, in the vicinity of the Casino, the Palace Hotel was from the beginning a high class hotel for its time, owned by Baron Edgar de Marçay, one of the shareholders of the Monte Carlo casino. Palace was the hotel for gambling enthusiasts. Since its inception, […]

Continue reading

Tribunal, Royal Palace

Built between 1904-1906, with the same architect as the Casino, the Royal Palace was intended for the royal family as a summer residence. The Royal Palace of Constanţa was the first royal residence on the Black Sea and construction began in 1902, being completed in 1906, the year in which King Carol I celebrated four decades of reign […]

Continue reading

House with lions

The imposing building by the sea was built according to the plans of the Romanian architect Ion Berindei, between 1895 and 1898. The house with Lei and the fame of the aristocrat Loniay, a cohabitation from Constanţa during the First World War, is another unknown story of the city. The house with lions became, after the First World War, for a short time the headquarters of […]

Continue reading

Fleet Command

 In the more than 100 years of existence, the construction has had several destinations, many of them related to the Navy. In 1978 the building became the headquarters of the Navy, and since 2009 it is the headquarters of the Fleet Command. The building was built between 1879 and 1881, according to the plans of the architect Alexandru Orăscu, in neoclassical style with pediments. A […]

Continue reading

Genoese Lighthouse

The lighthouse was built around 1300 by the Genoese who traded in the port and restored between 1858-1860 by the French engineer of Armenian origin Artin Aslan. The monument has a height of 16 meters, octagonal shape and is built of blocks of natural stone, carved on all sides and joined together with […]

Continue reading

Statue of Anghel Saligny

The work of the sculptor Oscar Han, an extremely important but also controversial artist, the silhouette of the character who definitively marked the history of Constanţa and Dobrogea looks towards the port. On the pedestal of the statue is mounted a marble plaque with the text: ANGHEL SALIGNY 1854-1925 He designed and led the construction and modernization of the port of Constanța (1899-1910) foreshadowing its development […]

Continue reading

Fisherman's Monument

In the 60's the authorities asked the sculptor Corneliu Virgiliu Medrea (1888-1964) plastic artist, corresponding member of the Academy, to make a statuary group to pay homage to the work of fishermen. During the XNUMXth century, the Great Sea (then called the Black Sea) was dominated by Italian merchants in Genoa who helped develop the city. Subsequently, Constanța suffered a decline under […]

Continue reading

The statue of Victory

Perhaps the most representative monument of the socialist period is the statue of Victoria. The Victory Monument is made in the style specific to socialist realism and glorifies the anti-fascist struggle of the Romanian people. It was unveiled in 1968, and its creator was Boris Caragea. In the history of Romanian art, the name of the sculptor Boris Caragea represents controversy, glory, destruction, denial, then return […]

Continue reading

Bust of Mihai Eminescu

The statuary complex dedicated to the great poet was unveiled in 1934, has a height of 3m and is the work of sculptor Oscar Han. The monument is located near the sea, on the seafront of the Casino, thus fulfilling one of the wishes expressed by the artist in the lyrics of the poem: "I have one more longing…" "I have one more longing: In the silence of the evening […]

Continue reading

Statue of Queen Elizabeth

Made in 1937 by the sculptor Ion Jalea, paid for by public subscription, the statuary group is composed of two elements: "The statue of Queen Elizabeth" and "The harp muse". In the 50s, the communist regime decided to remove the statue and replace it with another work by the same artist: "Archer resting". In 1975 the song "The Muse with the Harp" was […]

Continue reading

The Statue of Ovid

Work of the famous Italian sculptor Ettore Ferrari, it is an emblematic statue of the city and probably the most important monument of Constanța. The statue was unveiled in August 1887 in the presence of local personalities of the time and was a festive event for the entire city. The bronze statue depicts the writer Ovid in a pose […]

Continue reading

Roman mosaic edifice

One of the most remarkable archeological vestiges of the ancient city of Tomis is the Roman Mosaic Building, which had an area of ​​over 2000 square meters, of which 600 meters of mosaic carpet have been preserved today. The archaeological importance of the Roman Mosaic Building meant that, during the years 1970-1976, it was built on top [

Continue reading

Constanta Museum of Folk Art

Located in an emblematic building of the city, the Communal Palace, the Museum of Folk Art surprises with its multitude of traditional handmade exhibits. The museum is hosted by a building of great significance for the history of the city. The building was built in 1893 and served for a period of time as the seat of the City Hall, being called the Communal Palace. [...]

Continue reading

"Ion Jalea" Sculpture Museum

ION JALEA MUSEUM is one of the few cultural buildings in our country dedicated exclusively to sculpture. The institution is hosted by a beautiful building built in Brancovean style at the beginning of the 200th century. Inside the museum are exhibited over 1969 beautiful works donated by the sculptor in 1984 and his family in XNUMX, after his death. At the ground floor […]

Continue reading

Constanta Museum of Art

With a patrimony of over 7000 Romanian works of art, the Art Museum represents a reference point on the cultural map of the city, through the value and importance of the exhibits. The basic exhibition of the Constanta museum is structured on monographic nuclei / halls of masters and suggests a complex image of the creation of each one, but also of the directions of evolution from […]

Continue reading

Marine Museum Constanta

The permanent exhibition is structured in chronological order and includes four sections: ancient, medieval, modern and contemporary history. In the first rooms, three-dimensional objects - bas-reliefs, molds based on epigraphic documents, coins, graphic works, transmit information about the beginning of navigation on them in the space between the mountains, the Danube and the Sea. The generous space of over 10.000 sqm is organized in 22 […]

Continue reading

Museum of History Constanta

The Museum of National History and Archeology is the second most important museum, after the Museum of History in Bucharest. The massive and imposing construction that dominates the entire square was built between 1912-1921 under the guidance of the architect Victor Ştefănescu. The museum is structured on three levels, on the ground floor are the Treasury rooms, dominated by the statue of the Glycon snake. Within the other floors of […]

Continue reading

microreserve

Not far from the Parc hotel you can visit the micro-reservation. It is part of the Natural Science Museum Complex Constanta. Spread over about 12 hectares, here you can admire a number of 86 species with a population of almost 500 specimens, from pelicans, swans, ducks and wild geese to peacocks and pheasants and even mouflons, shovel deer, deer, […]

Continue reading

Constanta Aquarium

On a quiet afternoon, we recommend a walk with the whole family or friends on the seafront of Constanta. Here, besides the pictures you can take with the famous building of the Casino from Constanta, you can visit the aquarium. The building that currently houses the Constanta Aquarium was built in the middle of the twentieth century as an annex […]

Continue reading

TROPAEUM TRAIANI, also known as the Adamclisi Triumph Monument

Located near the village of Adamclisi, 60 km from Constanța, the monument has a controversial origin, some dating it before our era, others placing it in the fourth century, during the reign of Emperor Constantine. Recent research has concluded that the monument was built around 109, about the same time as his Column […]

Continue reading

Beautiful Sulina and the Danube Delta

Did you know that… Sulina or the place… ”where the old Danube loses its water and its name in the Sea…” Bart - Europolis. It represents a unique and original space, where the fresh waters of the Danube embrace the salty ones of the sea in a perfect and continuous fusion. It is a mixture of reeds and waters in the middle of which rises a tongue of […]

Continue reading

Ovidiu Island, Constanta

Did you know that… Ovidiu Island is the only tourist attraction in our country that is located on a natural island. The island is a unique place that every year attracts tourists who want to escape from the crowds of Mamaia in a quiet, secluded place, even for a few hours. Ovidu Island is an island […]

Continue reading

Japanese lantern

Did you know that… In Tabacarie Park in Constanta, only a few hundred meters from the Parc Hotel in Mamaia resort, there is a "Japanese stone lantern" donated by the local administration of Yokohama in Japan following its twinning with Constanta in October 1982. On the plaque at the base of the monument was inscribed: "On the part of […]

Continue reading